Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Blog Post #5: Communication Gone Wild 

June 03, 2015

In an ever developing society, technology is bound to grow and become more advanced. With technology like Siri and self-driving cars, should we be relieved of this helpful technology, or scared out of our minds? 

Technology is a powerful thing, and the changes it brings has such a huge impact of society. We have things like Siri that answer our questions when we ask. Need to know the weather? Siri is there with your answer in a couple of seconds. Need to make a call? Siri can do that too! Or maybe you want to know the current score for that game you can't watch because you're stuck doing units. Ask Siri and you shall receive. Things like Siri and Google Voice are things that come in handy when we have our hands full, which is quite useful. It makes it quite efficient for communicators to, well, communicate. 

Advanced intelligence is a powerful thing. We can access things on the internet just by reciting a simple word to things like Siri and Microsoft Cortana. Its quite scary, if you think about it. This artificial women knows more than an average human does! If we've established things like Siri and Cortana already, imagine what technology will be like in a few years. Imagine what else these voice activated apps can do! I mean, they can already reserve you a table at a restaurant if you ask them to. Advanced intelligence is so amazing yet scary in the same way. 

With technology only advancing, the way we think about communication will most definitely change. Will we find it scary as advanced intelligence will be able to the same things we can do? Or will we still find it efficient? I mean, we already have self-driving cars. But is that really a good thing? What if theres a malfunction with the design and the car crashes? I personally think we should fear this ever-so-growing technology. A lot of car models are actually being recalled nowadays due to malfunctions and errors in the designs. 

But on the other side of things, this technology is so useful and efficient! So question: Is this advanced intelligence absolutely amazing or scary? I think its a bit of both. 

What do you think, though? Leave a comment down below! 

1 comment:

  1. I think that the advancing technology is scary but it's also good. I mean, in the end it all depends on how we respond to new technology. Are we going to use it for good or for bad? I think we should also always remind ourselves that we are the ones in charge of technology. If we keep remembering this, then hopefully we won't rely on technology too much either. We are the ones creating all this new technology and I feel like a lot of people forget that nowadays and expect technology to be perfect all the time and rely on it too much. But technology is a creation by man, so in the end it can fail and that what I think we should fear.

    ReplyDelete