Blog Post #2: Haters Gonna'... Tweet?
March 07, 2015
twit·ter
ˈtwidər/
make a posting on the social media website Twitter.
"many active bloggers are twittering more and more these days"
via Google
tweet
twēt/
make a posting on the social media website Twitter.
"she talks about her own life, but she's just as likely to tweet about budget cuts and Keynesian economics"
via Google
Twitter; a social media website that many of us have joined. I personally do not have twitter, but I have seen many indirect and direct tweets to know that I don't exactly want to make an account. I guess those kind of tweets come with being a high school student; not everyone likes each other and thats ok. We are not forced to like everyone we meet, but that doesn't mean we log into twitter and tweet some harsh things about them directly or indirectly. This is wrong on many levels, and I'm sure the creators of Twitter did not intend for their website to be used like this.
Direct hate tweets are utterly wrong. Online hate is a crime, and people aren't exactly helping their case by mentioning the person in their tweet. Its just more evidence that they, indeed, are a perpetrator of online hate/bullying. They're just showing that they're can't even say this to the persons face. Indirect tweets are wrong too. When someone tweets indirectly, they're just proving that they don't have the courage to even tweet the person, let alone say it to their face!
So, what is Twitter doing about this? Twitter already allows users to block other users, and Twitter also suspends accounts. Is that enough, though? People get their accounts back in their hands in a few days and they still go back to online hate.
Some people are too scared to speak up about this: they're scared that the person who sent the hate will "come after them" or "ruin they're lives once they get the chance". What are authorities doing about this? Shouldn't they be monitoring accounts? Don't they realize that some people are to scared to report these incidents?
I don't have Twitter and I know that its not all about hate. But I do know the people who do hate should go read a book or something. Do something more useful with their life, you feel?
How do you feel about people hating on others on Twitter, or any social media site? Do you agree with my opinions, don't agree? Leave a comment about what you think!
Some people are too scared to speak up about this: they're scared that the person who sent the hate will "come after them" or "ruin they're lives once they get the chance". What are authorities doing about this? Shouldn't they be monitoring accounts? Don't they realize that some people are to scared to report these incidents?
I don't have Twitter and I know that its not all about hate. But I do know the people who do hate should go read a book or something. Do something more useful with their life, you feel?
How do you feel about people hating on others on Twitter, or any social media site? Do you agree with my opinions, don't agree? Leave a comment about what you think!

I agree that Twitter should take more actions on accounts that are getting reported, and that they should be more alert on their website. Some people tend to disregard mean tweets because they either just don't want to get involved or they're afraid that they'll be the one that will start getting hate. I think that's ridiculous because those people are just being cowards by hiding behind a computer because I bet that they wouldn't have the nerve to say the things they say on the internet to people face to face.
ReplyDelete